I collected the Art of Knitting Magazine and made the first throw a while ago.
Last night, late I finished the second throw.
I'm so happy that it's finally finished. It took a little under a single ball to do the last round of crochet, having picked up a stitch for every cast on/cast off stitch and a stitch for every two along the edges. I used approximately 2 balls of the 25g balls yarn for every 3 squares. The center leafy white squares are actually done in the round, I'd been reading about counterpanes and thought it would look better. The picture of the sewn up sample looked a little off.
The magazine says the yarn is Aran Weight but it's closer to maybe a worsted, it's slightly thicker than a regular DK but it's not quite Aran. I got gauge with 5mm needles. I'm planning to get some fleece eventually and back it, which should help keep the embroidery from getting snagged. Not a bad project but not much help from the magazine with some aspects of the project. They didn't mention how to start the embroidery or how to fasten it off well. Thankfully I have done a lot of embroidery. I also wasn't impressed with some of the quality of the sewing up in the pictures and some of the cross stitch was decidedly dodgy.#
I realised when I was looking through my Flickr and Ravelry entries that I didn't have a picture of the original throw. Here's one.
it covers over the back of a press at the top of the stairs.