Saturday 27 February 2010

Sunflower Shadows

Finished another one

The Sunflower Tam from Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature: 39 Designs Inspired by Patterns in Nature (UK Amazon) Knitting Nature (US Amazon) using some of the Malabrigo Worsted in the colourway Alpine Pearl. I spotted someone else had done this in Malabrigo and had gone down a needle size so I followed suit, and I like it. I had to do a little bit of tweaking to satisfy my sense of balance at the end, I omitted one of the moments where you move the marker for the start because it wouldn't have continued with the spiral.
I also significantly shortened the i-chord to about 2" or so, I actually knitted the 5" knotted it and realised that it was going to have a too-long tail so I ripped it back to almost where the knot was and the cast off so I'm not 100% sure how long it really is. I used about 60% of the ball.

Sunflower Shadows


Now to get finishing my Brigit Socks, I'm 2/3 of the way there with the second sock.

No comments:

Post a Comment